Background & Experience
Ilse was a SHEQ Manager at a leading surfactant manufacturing company prior to starting her own business in July 2008. Ilse has ten years of practical experience in analytical instrumental analyses as well as extensive experience in animal nutrition, paper and pulp chemistry and the production of specialty chemicals for the leather industry.
She has 3 years experience in the surfactant industry as SHEQ Manager, managing an integrated ISO 9001/14001/18001 system. She also has extensive experience in SHEQ system implementation, SHEQ management, Responsible Care management principles, auditing of ISO 22717:2007 (GMP), ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 as well as OHSAS 18001:2007 systems, SHE Risk Management and SHE legal compliance which includes:
- Managing the SHE compliance on a Major Hazard Installation and Scheduled Process;
- Managing a QC Laboratory and staff;
- Experience in conducting an Environmental Impact Assessment via an AEP for a new scheduled process Sulphonation plant.
- Ensuring legal compliance with all applicable legislation during the construction of a new Sulphonation plant;
- Experience in implementing an integrated ISO 9001/ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 management system;
- Health, safety and environmental gap audits, internal audits and reviews;
- Experience in conducting occupational health and safety risk assessments on chemical plants;
- Experience in compilation of Aspect and Impact Registers for chemical plants;
- Experience in Responsible Care Principles and management;
- Experience in construction safety management and legal compliance auditing.
- Experience in food safety auditing.
- Experience in implementation and auditing of ISO 22716:2007 (GMP in the cosmetic industry).
Her tertiary qualifications includes a National Diploma: Analytical Chemistry as well as a B-Tech Degree in Chemistry, Total Quality Management (TQM) qualification obtained at UNISA, registration with RABQSA as Associate Auditor for ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001; completion of a Samtrac course, HACCP implementation course, several legal compliance training courses, and various other SHEQ short courses. She is registered as a senior member of the South African Quality Institute (SAQI) as well as a registered member of the Chemical and Allied Industries Association (CAIA).